• of Dominion Observatory
Lieut. J.H. Nankivell, R.N.
• 1901-04 – surveyed Nanoose, under Parry
• 1963 - Chief Engineer - CSS Richardson - Western Arctic
Lieut. G.E. Nares
Aboard HMS Egeria in Nov. 1904 in the Nanaimo area.
Lieut. John Dodd Nares, R.N.
John Dodd Nares took up surveying in 1898 retiring as an admiral in 1931. He was a man of 6 foot plus, and the son of Sir George Nares of the Challenger Oceanographic Expedition of 1872-76. He was elected President of the International Hydrographic Bureau, Monaco, the following year and served on the Directing Committee until his death in office in Monaco in 1957, except for the period 1940 to 1945 when perforce he returned to the British Admiralty. [Steve Ritchie, Hydro International, May/June 1999]
• 1907-09 - on HMS EGERIA, survey of Browning
Entrance (chart BA 2453)
• 1973 - headed Chart Distribution Unit, Pacific Region
• 1977-Training-Carto I (Class Photo)
Survey technician trainee - St Lawrence River survey (^ Sept to 15 Oct)
• spring 1939 - wireless operator, Wm.J.
STEWART, sent to learn about Radio Acoustic Ranging at Seattle & Oakland.
Capt. H. Newcomb
• 1921 – surveyed Goose island Anchorage, B.C. (Chart BA2449)
1965 - Hudrographic Assistant (from 5 July) - Trent-Severn Waterway survey, Ontario
• 1965/66-Training-Hydro I (CHS Class Photo)
1966 - Hydrographer - CSS Kapuskasing - Nova Scotia, Gulf of St Lawrence (May to 29 Oct)
• of Montreal
• of Geodetic Survey
• 1947 - listed as Student Draftsman, Pacific Office.
• 1967 - Summer student - Ottawa River survey (29 May to Sept) from E.O.I.T.
• March 1886 - appointed Chief Engineer
• 1970 - Hydrographer - Kapuskasing - Nfld (29 June - 7 Aug)
1970 - Hydrographic Assistant - CSS Maxwell Revisory and Range surveys, Gulf of St Lawrence - to Oct 13 - went to
Hydrography I course.
1971 - Hydrographer - CCGS John A Macdonald - Eastern Arctic (3 May to 20 Aug) transfer to Baffin
• 1964 – joined CHS, Compilation Section
• 1947 - Northumberland Strait survey
• 1961 - Pacific Region, Sup. Office Services (Sup Office Serv. 1).